Introduction to Menopause in the Workplace
The CPD-accredited course is open to individuals from all industries and backgrounds, and there are no prerequisites or prior knowledge required to enroll. Whether you’re an employee, manager, or business owner, you can benefit from the knowledge, practical strategies and insights provided in this course.
So, if you’re interested in learning what menopause is and how to support it in the workplace, sign up today!
After taking this course, you will:
- Know what the menopause is, who it affects, when it happens, and how long it lasts
- Be aware of physical, cognitive and emotional symptoms associated with the menopause
- Understand why menopause is an important workplace issue, supported with recent data and statistics
- Know what effective menopause support looks like and how this could be implemented in your organisation
- Know where to find trusted information, guidance and support
- Have a clear idea of next steps and action you’d like to take
What will I take away?
- Presentation materials
- Wellness Action Plan
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered via Zoom with lots of interaction and a chance to meet people from other organisations. It’s entirely up to you whether you have your camera on and how much you interact with the group – we want you to be as comfortable as possible while you’re with us, and we appreciate that everyone has different learning styles. On that, let us know if there’s anything we can do to make the course more accessible for you when you book your spot.
Why should I choose this course over others?
- We are leading experts in menstrual and menopause education in the workplace and have worked with teams across all industries.
- We are members of the British Menopause Society, International Menopause Society and Association for Business Psychology.
- All of our facilitators are equipped with the qualifications, experience, specialists tools and knowledge to support you.
- The course is evidence-based and built on the latest data from Occupational Health and Psychology research.
- We don’t do ‘corporate training’ – we do unforgettable learning experiences. If you’re looking for something engaging and interactive, this is for you!
- Our training isn’t abstract or theoretical – it’s grounded in real world examples, including our own personal experiences, which we share openly. We are all about pragmatism here.
- You will learn about a range of menopause experiences, including chemical, surgical, early menopause and premature ovarian insufficiency (POI) – these journeys are very different to ‘natural’ menopause and it’s important that they are included.
- We strive to make everyone feel safe and included so learners feel confident sharing experiences and asking questions.
- You’ll have the opportunity to connect with like minded organisations and share best practice.
- You’ll leave with knowledge and resources that will make a real difference today.
This course is not:
- a replacement for medical treatment or care
- for females only – it is open to everyone
- about how to treat menopause symptoms
Is the course accredited?
Yes, it is CPD-accredited.
I’d like you to deliver this course in-house for my team – is that possible?
Absolutely! Please pop an email over to [email protected] and we can get this in the diary for you.
How is this different from the Menopause training for HR and Line Managers?
This course has been designed specifically for individuals who are seeking to understand and support others in the workplace, but who do not need additional training around additional topics such as employment law and barriers to disclosure through the lens of HR and Management.
Can I get a recording of the session?
To get the full benefit of the session, we ask that people attend live. For that reason, we do not record the sessions.
Can I get a refund if I can’t attend?
Courses are non-refundable. We do understand that life happens, and we will try to move your booking to a more suitable date if you cannot attend.
How many people are there per group?
There will be a maximum of 30 people per group.
Is the course open to men?
Absolutely – everyone is welcome here. In fact, we encourage men to attend, engage, and become better allies in the process.
I’m a Manager or HR professional – can I still attend?
You are very welcome to attend, but we strongly encourage you to explore Supporting Menopause in the Workplace – Managers & HR. This course is better suited to your unique needs as a manager or HR Professional.
Can more than one person from our organisation attend the course?
Absolutely – the more the merrier!
Do you offer a discount for nonprofits?
At this time we do not offer discounts for nonprofits. We’ve tried to make our open course prices as accessible as possible.
Can I take the course more than once?
You can, and yet we don’t think you’ll need to. We’re confident that you will leave the session with the knowledge and tools to confidently support others!
Do I get a certificate?
Yes. We can provide you with a certificate of completion to recognise your achievement!