What We Did
We were thrilled when Alex Burrows, HR Engagement, Wellbeing and Learning Business Partner, UK & ROI, approached us to design and deliver a new Women Empowerment programme at Haier Europe.
Haier wanted to empower and support their female employees and make sure the program was tailored to their specific needs. After conducting a short survey, we found out that women at Haier wanted to feel more empowered, confident, overcome imposter syndrome, and navigate the male-dominated environment with ease. And so, the Women Empowerment programme was born!
The Women Empowerment programme was delivered in three ways: a virtual lunch and learn, an in-person workshop, and four group coaching sessions. The virtual lunch and learn gave them an opportunity to engage with each other and subject matter experts on various topics related to women in the workplace. The in-person workshop provided a supportive space where the women could learn new skills related to confidence, imposter syndrome and navigating a male-dominated environment. Finally, the follow-up group coaching sessions were designed to further develop the skills they learned and provide ongoing support and guidance.
By offering a combination of in-person and virtual sessions, as well as ongoing group coaching, the programme provided valuable guidance and support to the women, helping them feel more confident, empowered, and better equipped to navigate the workplace:
- 73% of people who attended the virtual lunch & learn felt that it improved their confidence.
- 88% of people who attended the in-person workshop left feeling more confident.
- Everyone who attended the in-person workshop reported that they were satisfied or very satisfied with the skills and knowledge gained.
- Participants were asked to rate how likely they would be to recommend the Women Empowerment programme to their colleagues. Using a scale of 1 to 10, the average score was 9.2. This indicates that the women who participated in the program were highly satisfied with it and felt that it was valuable enough to recommend to their colleagues.
- Participants were asked to rate the delivery of the program using a scale of 1 to 5. The average score given was 4.7, which suggests that the participants felt that the program was very well-delivered and met their expectations. They found the content engaging, informative, and presented in an effective manner, which contributed to the overall high satisfaction with the programme.
“I thought Clare was brilliant, and addressed such important topics. It is just so refreshing that the company is supporting women’s empowerment and I feel really positive about the changes this may help me make on a professional and personal level through the knowledge and networks I will gain.” Empowered Women Attendee
“It was lovely to see women from other parts of the organisation as well and to know we all feel the same lack of confidence at times – that was empowering personally.” Empowered Women Attendee
“I liked hearing other peoples experiences within Haier as it made you feel less alone.” Empowered Women Attendee